Re: [Texmacs-dev] Darcy's Plan for the next release

From: Darcy Shen
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Darcy's Plan for the next release
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2020 00:46:05 +0800

Here is a page for the spell checking api:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/intl/about-the-spell-checker-api

And here is the sample code to use the spell checking api:
https://github.com/microsoft/Windows-classic-samples/tree/master/Samples/SpellCheckerProvider

I planned to add native spell check for TeXmacs on Windows based on the above resources. It seems to be well documented.

(re-sent the email to make it visible for all texmacs developer)

---- On Tue, 2020-11-10 00:29:35 TeXmacs <texmacs@lix.polytechnique.fr> wrote ----

Hi Darcy,

Yes, I just tested your code yesterday, and it seems to work better now.
Thanks a lot.

Concerning spell checking under Windows, I just noticed that
spell checking launches a segfault under Windows, which is
very annoying indeed. I mistakenly thought that we shipped
aspell along with TeXmacs. If you see an easy way to make that work,
then please let us know.

Of course native spell checking support would also be very nice,
like what Max did for MacOS. I don't know how hard this would be;
if it is in fact easier, then we might directly prefer this solution
over aspell.

Best wishes, --Joris