[Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs on Apple M1

From: TeXmacs
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs on Apple M1
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2021 00:15:00 +0100

Hi,

I have just been trying TeXmacs on a new Mac Mini with an Apple M1 chip
and running MacOS 11.  In the future, most Apple computers will be of this type.

The installation went smoothly with the latest dmg and the interface
looks fine (although the retina icons are not being used).

There are a few minor GUI issues though:

  - The entries of the icon menus are cropped by a few pixel,
    both from above and from below.

  - In tab widgets, the currently selected tab is displayed
    using white text on a white background; not extremely readable...

Maybe Max or someone else has some ideas on what we can do about
these minor problems.

Best wishes, --Joris