Re: [Texmacs-dev] tm-define

From: Massimiliano Gubinelli
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] tm-define
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 22:16:13 +0100

Dear Giovanni,

 my understanding of Joris' intentions is the following: when you need
functions accessible in a wide context (i.e. from C/C++, or from documents) or
when you need to redefine basic mechanisms (like handling of keypresses, or
other context-dependent actions, menus, etc... ) then you need to use
tm-define. For all other procedures you want to define, then you can continue
to use define or define-public (which exports functions out of modules).
Procedures defined with define are only visible in the current module, and with
define-public only visible if you import the specific module but they do not
pollute the global environment.

Best
Max