Re: [Texmacs-dev] Issue tracking on GitHub.

From: Darcy Shen
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Issue tracking on GitHub.
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2021 15:09:03 +0800

Originally, the issue tracker for https://github.com/texmacs/texmacs is open. Someone told me we should close it and I closed it. And I agree with the idea that bug reports should be centralized on Savannah.

Let me re-open the issue tracker on Github.

At the very beginning, we can manually sync the issues to Savannah.

---- On Fri, 2021-03-19 17:37:00 Massimiliano Gubinelli <m.gubinelli@gmail.com> wrote ----

I would like to hear from Darcy (which seems the one which had set up that page) before doing anything.

Somehow it is useful to have a place in github to receive issues because it is a popular platform and many people use git. However the current location is weird. The texmacs/devel github repository does not contain any code, all the code is in texmacs/texmacs and I would have expected to have there the "Issues" page. I never looked at that other page.

It would be useful to reorganize the github page for texmacs, there are many repositories there, some of which not really maintained anymore (as far as I can see).

Max