tiger-devel

Re: [Tiger-devel] Tiger-3.1 Buffer Overflow bug

From: Javier Fernandez-Sanguino
Subject: Re: [Tiger-devel] Tiger-3.1 Buffer Overflow bug
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 13:08:47 +0200

Michael Sconzo wrote:
Helps a lot. Will need to squash some bugs tomorrow.
One of the nice things about 3.2, however, is that one could provide a
baseline of checks that are not relevant for a given OS (but are for
others). It would be nice if you could provide me with a vanilla report on
a RH install, or you'll have to wait until I have time to install one. A
sample baseline for Debian is now in the 3.2 version.

Are they any baselines for FreeBSD? If not I would be more then happy to
provide some.

There are none (at the moment I have only tested it with Debian and Solaris). It would be great if you could test it under FreeBSD. Also, there are no signatures (or configuration) for FreeBSD (see README.signatures), i.e., no systems/FreeBSD/whatever. I still need to improve how signatures can get generated (I'm fixing bugs on the tools under utils/ ATM)

Regards

Javi