[Tinycc-devel] bravo and wishes

From: Basile STARYNKEVITCH
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] bravo and wishes
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 22:48:21 +0200

First of all, bravo to Fabrice Bellard for TCC.

I am impressed!

The C-- project might interest people here. It does not target a
subset of C per se (but a language which is inspired by C), but it
targets a language specifically designed to be an intermediate
language (with a C like syntax). See www.cminusminus.org for details
on C--.

There is one feature which I don't know if it is inside TCC or not is
the GNU gcc computed goto extension.

This means the ability to code (I am pasting from gcc info file)

     void *ptr;
     // ...
     ptr = &&foo;

     goto *ptr;

By the way, how is the volatile keyword handled in TCC? I could be
interested to use TCC in conjonction with my Qish project [Qish is
opensource, in alpha stage; see my home page] which contains a copying
generational garbage collector for C, and expect that the compile
won't cache in registers any volatile argument, or any field in a
volatile structure (this is needed because such volatile stuff are
GC-ed pointers which can be changed by the GC).

If Fabrice wants to reply to me privately he can (obviously) use
french.

email: basile<at>starynkevitch<dot>net
alias: basile<at>tunes<dot>org