[Tinycc-devel] Using tcc as gcc replacement

From: Jan Paul Schmidt
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Using tcc as gcc replacement
Date: 30 Dec 2002 02:53:14 +0100

As I did not find a user list for tcc, I guessed this may be the right
list to ask.

I want to use tcc as replacement for gcc in a project which uses
autoconf/automake to reduce development cycles. Does someone have
experience with this? Using

        make CC=tcc

works. There are some errors with .pp files, but that does not affect
the resulting binaries.

What I want to do is to say configure to use tcc. This fails for several
tests, for example the test for gtk. The reason is, that configure
somehow uses -rdynamic as parameter. With this parameter, tcc produces a
binary that does not work. So, does anybody have an idea how to tell
configure not to use -rdynamic? Or is the solution to hack on the source
and remove/rename the -r option? Or is it a bug with tcc?

This is tcc 0.9.14 on linux 2.4.16.

jps