Re: [Tinycc-devel] A few question

From: Kieron Dunbar
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] A few question
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 04:38:54 +0000

Once upon a time, Peter Finderup Lund wrote thus:

>> > Run the version of tcc with debugging symbols under gdb, wait until it
>> > crashes and type bt (for backtrace).  Send that to the list.

>> Sorry if I wasn't very clear. tcc isn't crashing here, the program tcc
>> creates is.

> Okay -- make tcc compile your program with debugging symbols (-g), run it
> under gdb, wait until it crashes and type bt.  Send the resulting
> backtrace to the list.

> That should at least tell you what part of your program tcc doesn't
> compile correctly if you can't figure it out by other means.

I didn't think to try gdb because of the warnings it gives about things being in
psymtab but not symtab when I do run it on a tcc program.

#0  0x081acc92 in bound_error ()
#1  0x081ad921 in __bound_memcpy ()
#2  0x081ada2e in __bound_strcpy ()
warning: (Internal error: pc 0x8172002 in read in psymtab, but not in symtab.)
#3  0x08172003 in user_name ()
warning: (Internal error: pc 0x80f3945 in read in psymtab, but not in symtab.)
warning: (Internal error: pc 0x80f3944 in read in psymtab, but not in symtab.)
warning: (Internal error: pc 0x80f3944 in read in psymtab, but not in symtab.)
#4  0x080f3945 in main ()
#5  0x400f59f1 in ?? ()

If I replace the strcpy() in user_name() with sprintf(), it crashes at the
same point with:

warning: (Internal error: pc 0x817201e in read in psymtab, but not in symtab.)
#1  0x080f3945 in main ()
#2  0x400f59f1 in ?? ()
warning: (Internal error: pc 0x817201e in read in psymtab, but not in symtab.)

--
kwaheri, Kieron