Re: [Tinycc-devel] OSX

From: Steve Dekorte
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] OSX
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 14:56:35 -0700

On Sunday, April 20, 2003, at 06:16 AM, Peter "Firefly" Lund wrote:
On Sat, 19 Apr 2003, Steve Dekorte wrote:
someone could point me to exactly what code needs to change and general
docs needed to understand how to change it, I would research it and

What compiler books do you have?

The Dragon Book?   Appel's?

I don't have any compiler books.

give it a shot if I think I could do it without an unreasonable amount
of effort.

Some thing you can do right away is to make tcc build cleanly on OS X and see if it still generates the exact some output as when hosted on an IA32 platform. You will need a port of the parts you don't rewrite, anyway :)

OS X is 32-bit only at the moment, isn't it? That, and the fact that OS X is a Unix under the hood + the fact that Fink will give you the same tools as the rest of us use under Linux should make it a very easy first step.

Ok, I'll give that a shot.

Cheers,
Steve
Io, a small language: http://www.iolanguage.com/