[Tinycc-devel] =))))

From: Alan Grimes
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] =))))
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 19:08:16 -0400

TCC IS THE MOST KICK-ASS COMPILER I'VE EVER SEEN!!! -- It might even be useful!

However, when I was trying it out on one of my favorite interpriters, Squeak, I came across a wee little problem...

Go ahead and get the source of Squeak 3.4.1 from www.squeak.org... Its a great environment!

Follow the directions and make the build directory and configure it with tcc.

Start make...

The first error is relatively trivial, it is related to the incompatabilities in the assembler, comment those out and continue....

The second error is much more serious, the compiler segfaults!

I'm reporting this because I would immagine that this type of problem report is essential to the development of TCC...

My machine is a _VERY_ stale SuSE leenooks 8.0 with GCC 3.2.2... I'm not sure what other information might be helpful...