[Tinycc-devel] Tcc compile problems,and executable problems?

From: Maikel Verheijen
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Tcc compile problems,and executable problems?
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 16:17:45 +0200

Hi list!

Today I downloaded tcc, because I like to be able to run C programs right away (without compiling them first).

On RedHar 7.3 it worked like a charm right away, for FreeBSD I had 2 compiling issues: the -ldl in the makefile had to go, (I found a lot of rpm-references to libdl, can anyone tell me this is indeed the dietlibc library?) and I needed to change a line in bcheck.c (line 785 reads:

   ptr = __bound_malloc(size);
but the function definition is:
   void *__bound_malloc(size_t size, const void *caller);

To get it to compile, I added
   const void *caller;
And changed the the "ptr = " line to:
   ptr = __bound_malloc(size, caller);

This shouldn't actually affect behaviour, since the caller stuff seems unused in the actual function.

At this moment, tcc works with -run (the test programs all run at least), but when I compile a C file, it coredumps. Compiling a C program with -g and -Wall does not give me any warnings or debugging symbols for gdb. Is there a way to see where it goes wrong?

Thank you for your time,

Kind regards,

Maikel Verheijen

Ps: I guess my "fix" breaks the compiling, so any hints are appreciated!