Re: [Tinycc-devel] TinyCC-Win32 Port Created on Sf.net

From: Charlie Gordon
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] TinyCC-Win32 Port Created on Sf.net
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 09:22:09 +0200

This is a sad decision!
Why split a project just for the sake of porting it to Windows ?
Why can't you just add the necessary features to the existing project ?
It is going to be very difficult to keep both projects in sync !
Why did Fabrice not respond and object to this ?
Take after the Lucid emacs split : jwz did this just to make a stable
version ship... It quickly became impossible to resync, and now has become a
major religious schism (this is the XEmacs story).
Are you planning to duplicate tinycc source tree or just extend it with Gui
and tools extensions ?
Please don't do it!
Fabrice please react to this!

Charlie Gordon.