Re: [Tinycc-devel] Hi

From: Mauricio Abre
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Hi
Date: 20 Nov 2003 20:39:21 -0300

El jue, 20 de 11 de 2003 a las 19:31, Fabrice Bellard escribió:
> Hi,
>
> > - Making backends to output different platform/arch obj/bin (ie like
> > fasm does), if tccasm is gas based, it should not be very difficult.
>
> The current TCC architecture is not satisfying to support many archs. I
> think it would be better first to add support for intermediate code.

I've not looket at the code yet, so I can't give a serious answer, but I
think it could have tccelf.c tcccoff.c etc, I'll take a look at it
now...

> > - Supporting 2 VERY important GNU exts:
> >  * __attribute__ constructor/destructor - A lot software depend on
> > this...
>
> Should not be difficult. I'll look at that.

Ok, it would be GREAT :)

> >  * When in linux, search headers in <common include path> + <common
> > path>/linux/ - This should be a very easy & fast ad, and it is vital to
> > correct compilation when including some system hdrs.
>
> <path>/linux is never included automatically by gcc.

Well, I don't have any INCLUDE envvar, but some files that gcc compiles
ok, tcc gives error <xxxx.h> not found (and they are in include/linux/)

> >  * #include_next  (some system hdrs - like <limits.h> - make use of this
> > directive) - This one should also not be very difficult to implement.
>
> I agree it is needed to support all glibc headers.

:) again

Regards

--
Mauricio Abre <address@hidden>