Re: [Tinycc-devel] Segmentation fault compiling broken 1-liner

From: Marcelo Jimenez
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Segmentation fault compiling broken 1-liner
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:29:08 -0300

Hi Struan,

You know, here it only happens when gcc compiles tcc with -O2. If I
put -O0, it runs fine, so I guess it is some optimization related
issue.

Why do you say that t.c is broken?

Regards,
Marcelo.

but wanted to help out - so please reply direct to me.

I'm trying tcc 0.9.23-1 (Debian Unstable) and tcc 0.9.22-2 (Debian stable)
and noticed on the following:

sh-2.05b# cat t.c
void main { printf("Hello\n"); }
sh-2.05b# tcc t.c
Segmentation fault

Of course t.c is broken(!), but I don't suppose the segfault is
intentional.

Hope you find this useful.

Kind regards,

Struan Bartlett