Re: Fw: [Tinycc-devel] windows resources, playsound, xp theme (just rese

From: Mike Henning
Subject: Re: Fw: [Tinycc-devel] windows resources, playsound, xp theme (just resending to the group)
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 19:56:06 -0700 (PDT)

--- bj <address@hidden> wrote:

> So tcc can't really compile to executables windows
> resources like
> windres.exe in MinGW? If no, i'll guess i'll stick
> to MinGW. Visual Studio
> 2005 is way too big and has no commandline version,
> I think. Anyway,
> thanks for the reply.

I have successfully used resources in Tcc by adding a
line to the source code such as:
int dummy __attribute__ ((section(".rsrc")));

Then I use a use a small program I wrote that adds a
resource file (.res) to the compiled exe. I can email
it to you if you like ?

You can compile the original .rc script files with the
freely available rc.exe from Microsoft.

Mike H.