Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC on ARM

From: tike64
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC on ARM
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 13:21:42 -0800 (PST)

Rob Landley <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Friday 01 December 2006 2:07 pm, Rob Landley wrote:
> > The only way this _can_ matter is if A) this sub_ddmmss() thing
runs
> > on the host, not on the target (in which case, why the heck is it
> > assembly?), B) the test is wrong and confusing host with target.

I can't understand too clearly what is the libtcc1 needed for. Could it
be that it is for long-long and float operations and those are not
supported on arm target? Then the libtcc1 would not be built for cross
compiler at all but is tried to build for native arm-arm compiler in
error. Shouldn't I then fix the Makefile to never build libtcc1 for arm
target?

> Ok, looking closer:
>
> 1) It's not in assembly, it's just ugly.
>
> 2) It's not actually necessary.
>
> This thing is only used in rt_error(), which is called from a signal
> handler to try to give a better error message rather than just
letting
> the signal kill the compiler in case of a division by zero error or
> some such.

Now you are probably talking about the rt_get_caller_pc warning. Based
on your notes I think that the code does the right thing and maybe the
#warning could be simply removed

--

tike