Re: [Tinycc-devel] Symbols visibility support (cont: Linking bug about _

From: Rob Landley
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Symbols visibility support (cont: Linking bug about _i686.get_pc_thunk.*)
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 17:47:49 -0400

On Thursday 12 April 2007 4:48 pm, Vince wrote:

> > Do you have a test case I can reproduce the bug with?  (Something I can
> > compile to see it for myself?)
>
> Thanks for your answer.
>
> Any program calling atexit, such as the minimal
>
> #include <stdlib.h>
> void foo(void) { }
> int main(void) { atexit(foo); return 0; }
>
> triggers the problem here. I suspect that it needs a recent glibc to
> show up (mine is 2.5).

Sigh.  The only system I have access to with glibc-2.5 installed (my laptop
has 2.3.6 but ubuntu feisty has 2.5) is an x86-64 system, and of course that
says "#error unsupported cpu type".

Ok, _that_ needs to be fixed soonish.  A 32-bit compiler today is like a
16-bit compiler in 1989: about 18 months from useless, outside the embedded
market.

> Vincent.
>

> PS: Sorry for the reply, Robert. I'm not very used to mailing lists !

No problem.  I'll see if I can scrape up a 32-bit Ubuntu Feisty system.  (I'm
happy to fix anything I can reproduce...)

Rob
--
Penguicon 5.0 Apr 20-22, Linux Expo/SF Convention.  Bruce Schneier, Christine
Peterson, Steve Jackson, Randy Milholland, Elizabeth Bear, Charlie Stross...