Re: [Tinycc-devel] Local procedures

From: kenneth . forsback
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Local procedures
Date: 13 Sep 2007 11:48:31 +0300

C is the universal assembly language? That really hit my sweet-tooth (^_^)

However, would it not be good if someone tried to make a simple set of standard
extensions?

- range checking, or at least a new lengthof keyword that returns the length,
IMHO that would be lexicaly appropriate, sort of the complement to
sizeof...didn't tcc already have some range checking algorithm?
- local procedures
- maybe a simple way to have "array pointers", not an array of pointers, but a
pointer that points to an array an has n elements, so instead of pointing to
each single element you point to an array and a position in that array,
pointer[n] thus points to the n-th element from where the "array pointer"
points to.

I don't have a black belt in C, so perhaps there are some simpld tricks to the
last list item.

These are basically the only things about C that I think shold be improved on,
but then again, I may be proven wrong even about these things, although I
honestly believ these would be good extensions.