Re: [Tinycc-devel] tinycc 0.9.25 x86_64 on Fedora 12

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] tinycc 0.9.25 x86_64 on Fedora 12
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 18:42:45 +0200

Le mardi 03 août 2010 18:13:56, Aharon Robbins a écrit :
> Hi. Thanks for the quick response.
>
> > > 3. I have a static table with some function pointers to static
> > > functions.
> > >
> > >    This compiles, but the table values are NULL. Any idea why?
> >
> > Nope, sorry. Are the functions and the table local or extern ?
>
> The functions themselves are static at the file level. The table is
> static inside a function.
>
> I can send you a tar ball of my code if it will help (a development version
> of gawk - GNU Awk).

Yes, it'd be great to have a small test that exposes the bug.

> > > 4. The external variable `char **environ' was accessable, but
> > > initialized
> > >
> > >    to NULL. I had to use the (really old style) three argument version
> > >    of main to get access to the environment and then initalize environ
> > >    from within main.  Any idea why?
> >
> > Yes, and there is a patch in the mob branch. Try to apply this commit
> > http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git/commitdiff/a28b18fa16edaeb6bc7d34cf1ddac69
> > 0b27ba610?hp=036ff17916586febc968b964ee416e1d4d1da70f
>
> Should I just make a copy of the git repository for tcc?
>
> Is that the best way to be up to date?
Yes, a git clone will bring you tcc in its development state. If you want to
keep a stable version, you should just apply the commit with patch utility. By
the way, I've just found http://www.mail-archive.com/tinycc-
address@hidden/msg00061.html which seems to handle the same bug and seems
more complete. It has never been committed, it could make a good replacement
to the fix I did. I'll look at it next week.

> Thanks,
>
> Arnold
Best regards,

Thomas Preud'homme