Re: [Tinycc-devel] Support -Wl,opt -Wl,arg syntax

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Support -Wl,opt -Wl,arg syntax
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 12:44:25 +0100

Thomas Preud'homme wrote:
The problem with examples is that they can show bugs that exist, but
not really the absence of bugs.  To test such feature I'd rather use
some printf here or there.

And valgrind to test you don't free too early.

The "free too early" bug wasn't really your fault but a mean trap
made of bad balance and lack of isolation, though announced by the
suspicious char* arg.  In that sense it is better not to have such
code than to rely on valgrind.

Anyway, the char * argument to tcc_set_linker is not really tolerable
if we want to offer it as LIBTCCAPI to the user.  Also, instead of
tcc_set_debug, tcc_set_warning, etc. it would be good to have one more
generic 'tcc_set_option' API, of course with const char* argument(s) then.

This could/should we done in a separate commit, don't you think?

That you volunteer to do it is more than I could expect.  In any case
be careful with your precious (spring-)time ;)

--- grischka