Re: [Tinycc-devel] __builtin_expect

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] __builtin_expect
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 11:11:12 +0200

Le mardi 29 mai 2012 21:03:18, grischka a écrit :

> >> A way of ignoring __builtin_expect in very few lines:
> >>
> >> tcc_define_symbol(s, "__builtin_expect(exp,c)", "exp");
> >>
> >> in libtcc.c
> >
> > grishka, any thought on this one?
> >
> > Are you fine with adding a define or do you prefer upstream to special
> > case tcc?
>
> I'd argue that one cannot expect __builtin_expect to be built-in with
> compilers other than GCC.

I agree, it sounds strange to me as well to require __builtin_expect for !gcc
compilers. The reasons why I proposed to do the change in tcc is because it's
a very simple change and I'm afraid it will take a long time (at best) before
glibc maintainers accept to change it. Maybe I'm wrong and they'll be very
prompt to do the change.

> --- grischka

Best regards,

Thomas Preud'homme