Re: [Tinycc-devel] improving get_tok_str

From: Domingo Alvarez Duarte
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] improving get_tok_str
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 14:18:23 +0100

That would be nice !

I would like to see the implementation of qcc http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/tinycc-devel/2011-09/txtYogaFhDvlT.txt and any documentation will help on it, someone asked before about tinycc generate an intermediate pcode that would make things easier for qcc.

When I started tinycc-noglobals it was because I was looking at a jit library and found libjit very nice but it's not maintained and only the x86 and x86_64 backends are implemented (arm is only a draft that doesn't work), then I started playing with it and found the instructions to construct jitted code a bit complicated, knowing tinycc I thought why complicate my life when I already know C and tinycc generates executable code onthefly/jit ? Then I actualized my virtual io on top of tinycc:mob and then started looking at the tinycc code in more detail, when I found global variables like "ch, file, tok" it was clear that the potential for name clashing/bugs using it as is would be huge.

That's why tinycc-noglobals came to existence, then I found that the backends of tinycc was not in good shape, it can compile some simple programs in general but when we try to compile something a bit more complex like fossil-scm it failed.

Then searchin the net I found the http://landley.net/qcc/ , http://elinux.org/CELF_Project_Proposal/Combine_tcg_with_tcc and looked at qemu tcg "Tiny Code Generator" and thought what a great idea !!

I propose to try make it a reality, any volunteers ???