Re: [Tinycc-devel] improving get_tok_str

From: mobi phil
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] improving get_tok_str
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 15:55:20 +0200

That would be nice !

Another alternative is: I could go through the code and add comments in form of questions.
Can I push the result somewhere? I do not have mob access etc. Shall I setup my own tcc git repo?

I would like to see the implementation of qcc http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/tinycc-devel/2011-09/txtYogaFhDvlT.txt and any documentation will help on it, someone asked before about tinycc generate an intermediate pcode that would make things easier for qcc.

I was proposing few weeks ago to generate LLVM (clang) IR "backend". Do not have clear image about the speed of the IR optimizer/compiler, but the tccfrontend + IR compiler would be a great combination.

That's why tinycc-noglobals came to existence, then I found that the backends of tinycc was not in good shape, it can compile some simple programs in general but when we try to compile something a bit more complex like fossil-scm it failed.

Then searchin the net I found the http://landley.net/qcc/ , http://elinux.org/CELF_Project_Proposal/Combine_tcg_with_tcc and looked at qemu tcg "Tiny Code Generator" and thought what a great idea !!

Personally I am fascinated by the idea, just that due to lack of time, did not have time to
read too much about the details of tcg. I also wonder if something like the clang IR optimizer can help
at all in the process. There are apparently some experiments in the area.

https://gitorious.org/qemu-async-llvm