Re: [Tinycc-devel] sizeof (long double) vs sizeof (double)

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] sizeof (long double) vs sizeof (double)
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2014 18:09:20 +0800

Le samedi 06 septembre 2014, 17:40:14 Mads a écrit :
> While I have seen similar behavior on other compilers, I interpret the
> downgrading of extended precision to double as an indication that extended
> precision is not supported (for one reason or another).
>
> To be a little more specific, I want to know if tcc does support extended
> precision like gcc does (~18 significant digits) without just downgrading
> to the double precision (15 significant digits). And if so, why that
> doesn't work for me.

$ grep "define.*LDOUBLE_SIZE" *-gen.c
arm-gen.c:#define LDOUBLE_SIZE  8
arm-gen.c:#define LDOUBLE_SIZE  8
c67-gen.c:#define LDOUBLE_SIZE  12
i386-gen.c:#define LDOUBLE_SIZE  12
il-gen.c:#define LDOUBLE_SIZE  8
x86_64-gen.c:#define LDOUBLE_SIZE  16

So no matter what, tcc will never give you more than 2 bytes for a long
double.

Best regards,

Thomas