Re: [Tinycc-devel] C99 complex type support

From: Edmund Grimley Evans
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] C99 complex type support
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 11:53:55 +0000

> I'm currently working on some experiments to
> use tinycc as a JIT compiler for the computational
> code for a portable numeric library (the Perl
> Data Language, http://pdl.perl.org).
>
> We have a requirement to support computation
> with complex numbers and arithmetic (C99).
> The initial developments look promising.
>
> Is there a plan and/or schedule to implement
> complex numbers for TinyCC?

I don't think so. I've not seen any mention of any such plan.

Generally I have the impression that people don't use C99's complex
numbers. Perhaps it was made optional in C11 partly because of that.
Perhaps people get better performance, as well as better portability,
by implementing complex numbers themselves.

However, C99 does provide a standard API and ABI, which is useful.

Edmund