[Tinycc-devel] Tiny CC isn't working with floating point math

From: Ben Hutchinson
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Tiny CC isn't working with floating point math
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 01:49:06 -0800

When using any variable defined as "float" or "double" in C code, TCC butchers all the math. I liked TinyCC because it made VERY small executables (compared to the HUGE exe files output from GCC), but floating point math is such a basic thing, that without it the compiler is almost useless. Can you think of even one program today that we use on our computers that uses EXCLUSIVELY integer math and NO floating point math? I can't think of any. Can somebody please fix TinyCC so that I can start writing some decent programs with it? Right now it's basically just a toy compiler, good for experimenting with only the most bare-bones, basic, types of software that a person could write. And I've already played around with its integer math stuff, and am starting to get bored.