Re: [Tinycc-devel] Possible release schedule?

From: Webmaster Hales
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Possible release schedule?
Date: Sat, 6 May 2017 10:49:11 +1000

I have found 9.26 (current stable) to be riddled with bugs, and the latest git to be much more stable.  I would like to see a new release just because of that.

When I tried TCC 9.26 a couple of months back I was stuck in a hole of misleading compiler messages, strange crashes and executables with multiple personalities.  Basically nothing other than the bundled example .c files worked.

I decided to join the mailing list on a whim, which showed me that the project was not dead at all (against first impressions).  Since then I've:

  • Installed a mingw toolchain
  • Downloaded snapshots from GIT
  • Worked out how to compile them with mingw GCC's shared libs statically included.

Now I have a version of TCC that works amazingly well, but I don't expect many people to make it this far or even see how useful this project is.  I suspect most will give up after trying 9.26.

Release early, release often!

Regards, Hales

(Also: a big thankyou for the new warning regarding __declspec(dllimport/export)!  Very much appreciated.  Do any of you live in Australia?  I'll send you some PREFERRED_DELICACY. )

Charles Lohr wrote:
I've been lurking here and there, but haven't seen any rabbling about a new release?  It's been several years and I really like the current mainline for my projects.  I'm hoping to use TCC in a rash of upcoming projects.  Any word if I might be able to direct people to 0.9.27?

The latest I can see discussion on this is back from 2014!

https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/tinycc-devel/2014-01/msg00022.html

Thanks for everything you guys do. TinyCC has become an amazingly useful tool and reaches far beyond what you guys are aware of!