Re: [Tinycc-devel] tcc and slang cooperation

From: Agathoklis D.E Chatzimanikas
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] tcc and slang cooperation
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 21:33:56 +0300

On Tue, Mar 27, at 06:06 KHMan wrote:
> On 3/27/2018 4:58 PM, Agathoklis D.E Chatzimanikas wrote:
> > [snip]
> > I'm going soon to start to try to write a slang interpeter with an
> > embeddable
> > tcc dynamical C interpeter.
>
> "dynamical C interpeter" is incorrect.

Hi Kein Hong,

You touched a soft spot here, as this is exactly (or should be) the main point
of
our (these living generations) practical philosophy that should be established
if
we want to have a future in this world.
We are moving on by being cruel (or by feeling free to express), anything that
is
believed that has a point or a value (no matter if our hypothesis is wrong).
And it is our duty to our friends (that loves us) but to everybody else who
(might)
hate us, to uncover any illusion :-).

So, in this case: first, I don't think you are speaking about the typo in the
interpeter word. I use C-n in my editor to provide word completion, and if the
first
word is wrong and the rest are wrong (if it gets unoticed).

So word by word (and because I would like to use a short expression for the
project
description, and this is a good chance :)).

A slang interpreter (like the slsh), with an embeddable tcc (that will be linked
against and initialized at the start up), dynamical (upper period here (which
its closer char
represantation I've found is 729))˙

First, in the description, I do not want to mean dynamical C, with the same way
as
we do when we are talking about, like lets say slang; that executes
sequentially a
statement or series of statements, or block by block; and where variables gets
their
type from their value. C is C.

But I want to emphasize the dynamical nature of tcc, and the way that:

  - process its input, because (for instance) it doesn't make a second pass

  - gets its input (as it can be strings and not file units)

  - handles its state, see other thread (in my opinion it has to be more
    flexible), which is real dymamical

  - executes the compiled string, by passing argc, argv to the function

It might be better if we could describe it as a just in time C compiler
but I'm afraid is too much of a hype - and I hate with a passion anything
hipsterish
or fashionist - and still it couldn't reflect the whole trueth here.

> Cheers,
> Kein-Hong Man (esq.)
> Selangor, Malaysia

I couldn't wait less from someone that lives in a place which is called
"adobe of sincerity" :-). I wish and if we'll be blessed by god, to visit
Selangor
one day (i hope it has some nice country fields there :)).

... and good luck with lua!

Thanks,
  Αγαθοκλής