Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC crash with incorrect syntax in compound literal

From: Pascal Cuoq
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC crash with incorrect syntax in compound literal
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2019 12:56:04 +0000

Hello,

Thanks again Matthias, and also to Michael who fixed the other crashes I had posted. I was going over the “interesting” inputs generated by fuzzing again, and:

1) I found a bug in the tool I was using TCC as a reference implementation for, so the bugs in TCC being fixed is really useful to me.

2) I noticed that a variant of the input I initially reported in this thread is still crashing TCC.

The variant that still crashes TCC as of commit d72b877 is:

void f(char *);

void g(void) {
  f((char[]){1, ,});
}

It is very similar to the previous input but this time there is a first element before the syntactically incorrect “, ,” in the compound literal.

Pascal