Re: [Tinycc-devel] Introduce C2X _Static_assert syntax

From: Christian Jullien
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Introduce C2X _Static_assert syntax
Date: Sat, 29 Feb 2020 06:46:30 +0100

Hi Matthias,

I'm not an official maintainer but, IMHO, you should also add -std=xxx option
that corresponds to the C version of the new features you want to introduce.
I added c11 few months ago:
  -std=c99    Conform to the ISO 1999 C standard (default).
  -std=c11    Conform to the ISO 2011 C standard.

And gcc supports many other versions. A least, we should add:

  -std=c18                    Conform to the ISO 2017 C standard (published in
2018).
  -std=c2x                    Conform to the ISO 202X C standard draft
(experimental and incomplete support).

And set __STDC__ and __STDC_VERSION__ accordingly. Currently, gcc set
__STDC_VERSION__ to 202000 when you pass -std=c2x

This way, you can pass -std=c2x to the test suite and change
#elif defined test_static_assert_c2x
By
#elif __STDC_VERSION >= 201710L

Otherwise, as far I can tell, your patch looks good to me.

M2c