Re: [Tinycc-devel] Tiny c availability

From: avih
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Tiny c availability
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2020 08:59:50 +0000 (UTC)

I've built mpv with tcc on both Ubuntu and Alpine linux, though not
recently. It did require patching waf (the build system) because it's
very picky with compiler identification, as well as some minor patches
in mpv to replace few #pragma once with normal include guards.

tcc builds st ( http://st.suckless.org ) perfectly fine, as well as many
other medium-sized projects.

Other than this I do use tcc occasionally to test that it compiles my
projects on both Linux and windows (it usually does, and if not it's
usually not tcc's fault).

And I do also use tcc on Windows occasionally, though I do also have
proper mingw setup with msys2 or cygwin or MXE.

Overall, tcc works pretty well for me, though it's not my main compiler.

On Thursday, July 9, 2020, 11:35:24 AM GMT+3, Daniel Glöckner <daniel-gl@gmx.net> wrote:

On Thu, Jul 09, 2020 at 10:09:56AM +0200, Christian Jullien wrote:
> Many starts with more than one :o)

Even the Pirahã appear to agree that many doesn't start before three.

> Five BIG projects is not that bad.
>
> Let me start with few I very often (if not daily) compile:
> - OpenLisp (daily)
> - bigz (daily)
> - gnumake (every major version)
> - sqlite (daily - part of OpenLisp build)
> - tcc (almost daily)
>
> They already count for FIVE :o)

But you talked about many people, not many projects, and you are only
one person, unless of course you have a split personality. :P

> What about a page referencing projects that build with tcc?

That would also be useful to show what tcc is capable of compiling.