Re: [Tinycc-devel] [issue] macos: tcc cannot self-host with --disable-st

From: Michael Matz
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] [issue] macos: tcc cannot self-host with --disable-static
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 17:42:49 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

On Fri, 10 Jul 2020, Christian Jullien wrote:

Thank you for testing the different configure options on macos. I can easily fix this but it will fail later. I'm not sure that tcc is currently able to generate .dylib

It's not, and even if it were I wouldn't want to support the complete ld cmdline interface (with setting all kinds of bells and whistles of the generated libraries). In particular the versioning options. TCC hardcodes defaults that work, and that's that :)

Ciao,
Michael.