Re: [Tinycc-devel] missing dlfcn.h but defined in tcclib.h, also missing

From: UnknownGamer40464
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] missing dlfcn.h but defined in tcclib.h, also missing RTLD_LOCAL
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2020 20:33:12 -0400

Alright thanks, I get its purpose now.

Thanks for taking the time to explain.

On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 9:41 AM Michael Matz <matz.tcc@frakked.de> wrote:
Hello,

On Tue, 14 Jul 2020, UnknownGamer40464 wrote:

> I see. I had assumed it was for unix compatibility but I guess not.
>
> Is it supposed to show up in the win32 tcclib.h file then?

tcclib.h is a small convenience header that exists merely to show how a
minimal installation on unix-like systems could look like, i.e. it's a
replacement for a subset of standard headers.  As such it declares a
couple functions and macros that are useful for simple standard C
programs.  It might or might not declare more facilities than are actually
available on the system at hand, and noone bothered to add the #ifdef-ery
to make it declare only available things.  Similarly it also doesn't
declare all facilities that are available on the system (for that you have
to use the standard headers).

I.e. that it declares also dlfcn facilities is not an issue, though it
might lead to the expectation that those are available on Windows, and
hence confusion.  The best way to avoid this is actually to simply not use
that header at all.

Ciao,
Michael.