Re: [Tinycc-devel] 124_atomic_counter.c is broken on arm and arm64

From: Dmitry Selyutin
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] 124_atomic_counter.c is broken on arm and arm64
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2021 10:36:46 +0300

And well, this is tinycc.  We do not need 6 new files to add just
120 lines of C to the library.

Please be more specific. What exact part you dislike? Sounds like a personal opinion area. To me, having code split according the logic is a perfectly fine thing to do; having one huge file to keep everything is bad. All patches I submitted have been published here before push; if you dislike something — I'm open to discussion.

No, cross-compiled code cannot be run on the platform where it
was compiled, in general.

Thank you, I'm aware. What I mean that I can cross-compile and run on emulator. I don't want to build tcc on ARM if I can build it cross.

In many cases it cannot even be fully
built, when it relies on include headers or libraries of a
different system.  See also my note on lib/stdatomic.c, for
the same reason:

   // for libtcc1, avoid including files that are not part of tcc
   // #include <stdint.h>

If stdint is not part of tcc — this is bad, since this header is expected be part of compiler. Instead of avoiding to include the file, you could have provided it; that would have been the right thing to do.