[Tinycc-devel] Issues compiling as a static library on windows

From: Audrius Butkevicius
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Issues compiling as a static library on windows
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 00:51:30 +0000

Hi,

I'm trying to compile tinycc as a static library on cygwin/msys2 on Windows using GCC/clang to embed in my application to compile code at runtime, but it seems that the archive produced is always invalid, as TCC_IS_NATIVE is not defined, and tccrun.o is always empty, hence I always end up without tcc_relocate, hence can't really do much.

Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

I'd also be happy to compile this as a static library using MSVC, but as far as I tried generating a .lib from the .def, it compiles fine, but blows up on startup looking for libtcc.dll implying it didn't actually get statically compiled. Don't have much experience building using Windows toolchains, so I'm not sure what goes wrong there.

Thanks for your help.