tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] PTT in cwdaemon?

From: rein couperus PA0RCT
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] PTT in cwdaemon?
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 21:25:22 +0200

Hi Wolf,

PTT is used mainly to cold switch a PA or antenna relay etc...
The way it works is that you specify a Turn On Delay of 0 to 50 milliseconds
and a PTT hold time the length of a word space (3 dits) after the buffer is
empty. (The next message will begin with a TOD again, so there is plenty of
time for the relays to fall off ).

A value of 0 would disable the PTT (default).
.
This means that the CW output is delayed by this amount, giving the relays in
the PA time to switch.

For Phone messaging the same function can be used, live fill-ins are normally
handled by VOX, PTT switch on the Mike, or a foot switch. But I am not an
expert on Phone contesting :-)

Rein PA0RCT

Email: address@hidden or address@hidden