tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Date bug, worked-window,

From: David Quental
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Date bug, worked-window,
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 22:07:27 +0100

Hello to all,

tks for new version.

Hope you will not forget about IOTA :) :) :) .

A ton of thanks and till...

CT1DRB
David Quental

Hi Fabian, tnx for the report and the patch!!

Yes, I would love to program this in perl, would save tons of time:)
Meanwhile I have started to program some perl modules which will form
the basis of a perl version of tlf. I have noticed that my productivity
goes up with a factor of 10 when I program in perl, and extending tlf is
becoming more difficult, especially the wild multiplier and scoring
schemes people come up with to nag the programmer...

In my opinion contest rules should be written in perl, not in C.
That's why I will gradually release perl modules which together will
make a new tlf in the future.

Meanwhile the bugs you found have been repaired, and fresh bits are
waiting to be used in:
http://sharon.esrac.ele.tue.nl/pub/linux/ham/tlf/tlf-0.9.29.tar.gz

or http://wwns.com/tlf/tlf-0.9.29.tar.gz

73,