tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] tlf 0.9.30 bug

From: Martin Kratoska
Subject: [Tlf-devel] tlf 0.9.30 bug
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 01:01:22 +0200

Just finished my OL74CAV operation. TLF behaved nicely, also the 0.9.4beta1 cwdaemon which remained installed to make more thorough tests.

There is a little issue in the initial exchange processing. In my names file is M0C, Justin (M0C belongs to G4TSH). If entering M0CDN and also OM0CW etc., a name 'Justin' appears. It seems that the routine tracks not the exact match but a substring. It should find a substring - it is OK (M0C/VP9 or PA/M0C should be 'Justin' indeed), but only if a slashed call is entered. If no slash in the call, the exact match would be much better.

Anyway, initial exchange should allow spaces, it would be possible to enter two words in the master file.

Again, many thanks to Rein for a nice piece of software. I am curious what news I find in the new version :-)

73,
Martin, OK1RR