tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] TLF rejects data entry with "section ?"

From: Ernest
Subject: [Tlf-devel] TLF rejects data entry with "section ?"
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 11:01:43 -0700 (PDT)

In an attempt to understand how to use TLF an attempt
was made to modify the rules for US State QSO party
contests.

Following the rules/templet example, a data file
listing the multipliers for the Michigan QSO party was
created.

In most US State contests the multipliers are, for a
station within that state, the counties in that state
plus other states, and DX. For stations outside of
that state the multipliers are the counties within the
state sponsoring that contest.

In the rules for this contest, the following changes
to the templet examples were made:
CONTEST=Michigan QSO Party
MULT_LIST=filename
SERIAL_EXCHANGE
SERIAL_SECTION
SECTION_MULTI
(in various combinations)
When SECTION_MULTI is enabled, test data being entered
is rejected with TLF prompting for "section ?", and
failing to match any data entered with the data in the
multiplier list.

When SECTION_MULTI is disabled, test data is accepted,
and logged, but scoreing is not correct; multipliers
and points are not tallied. (The thought occurs to me
that I could enter the data, and score it later?)

The versions tried were Debian version 0.9.22, and the
source for 0.9.30. Source compilied without
difficulty.

Looking at the source, (I can't code!! Barely able to
understand the comments!!) it appears that various
fuctions are hard coded to data files. Could I then
modify the section data, and simply run as an arrlss
contest?