tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Wiki

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Wiki
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 17:31:56 +0100

Hi all,

as I moved the tlf code to github I had looked for a place to integrate
all information (static pages, a wiki and maybe a new list server) at a
single point. So I created the tlf.github.com repo as a first test to
generate the tlf.github.io pages. The first experiment was the
index2.html page which Fred mentioned.
Unfortunately I found not the time to complete the work.

If we want to use it I will simply move that page to
http://tlf.github.io/index.html and we have a static page as a starting
point.

Until now I had written the page in ASCIIDOC - quiet simple. The idea
behind was to have a chance to recycle what was written for a user
manual (ASCIIDOC can easily create PDF files). But that is just a
starting point and there is no need o keep it that way.

If you are interested I can give you access to the pages. For that I
need an public ssh key from you.

If we want another domain to redirect to the pages under a different
name it is documented at
https://help.github.com/articles/setting-up-a-custom-domain-with-github-pages/
I am not quite firm in that but maybe you can see how it should be done.

Wrt to the wiki I had done some experiments with the github one some
time ago and I only remember that I was not very impressed. But I can
not remember any more why exactly. Easiest way would be to make a own
test repo on github and experiment with the wiki for that repo.

We can link to that wiki anytime later from the static pages (and even
switching to a different one should be easy).

73, de Tom DL1JBE