tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] install TLF

From: Ervin Hegedüs
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] install TLF
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2018 11:06:38 +0200

Hi Jaap,

On Sat, Sep 22, 2018 at 09:28:03AM +0200, Jaap van oosten wrote:
> hi
> I would gladly like to test TLF logger
> i am a long time user of N1MM Windows contest logger
> and before that DOS CT

hope you will enjoy Tlf :),

> But  these simple install instructions do not work for me
> I understand the project has to be compiled on the target PC.
> But just by typing ...
>
> Easiest way to install tlf from source is by typing:
>
> cd <packagedirectory>
> ./configure
> make
> make install
>
> anywhere?
>
> must be in a terminal window
> in the  <packagedirectory > ??

yes,

> i tried a few things
> but simply type.... instruction
> Is missing essential information that  I as an interested but relative
> fresh user of linux / mint  does not automatically have
>
> please help me out

right, please try to follow these steps:

* open a terminal; you will be stay at your home directory

* create a directory for the source:
  mkdir -p ~/src/tlf

* and step it there
  cd ~/src/tlf

* be sure you have all build dependencies:
  dpkg -l libglib2.0-dev libhamlib-dev libncurses5-dev libtinfo-dev
libxmlrpc-core-c3

  if one of these isn't marked as installed (ii flag at begining
  of line), you have to install it, eg:
  sudo apt install libhamlib-dev libtinfo-dev

  note, that the libxmlrpc-core-c3 need only if you want to
  use Tlf with Fldigi.

* be sure you have all runtime dependencies:
  dpkg -l libglib2.0-0 libhamlib2 libncursesw5  libtinfo5 libxmlrpc-core-c3 sox
xplanet

  note, that the last two packages are optional, but they will
  help you

* grab the source:
  wget http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/tlf/tlf-1.3.0.tar.gz

* then you can start to build flow:
  tar -xzvf tlf-1.3.0.tar.gz
  ./configure --enable-hamlib --enable-fldigi-xmlrpc

  note, that --enable-fldigi-xmlrpc needs only if you want to
  use Fldigi, --enable-hamlib needs only if you want to use
  RIG controll from Tlf.

* if every dependencies are satisfied, the configure script will
  generate the Makefile(s), you can type:

  make
  sudo make install

* now you can start to use Tlf

I'm also use Tlf (of course :)), and I have a special directory
in my $HOME, called ".tlf". Before every contest I created a
contest subdirectory, copy files to there, step to that directory,
and start Tlf, eg:

ls -la ~/.tlf/wpx
total 112
drwxrwxr-x  3 airween airween  4096 may   28 20:51 .
drwxrwxr-x 29 airween airween  4096 sept  15 14:32 ..
-rw-rw-r--  1 airween airween    11 may   27 22:50 .bmdata.dat
-rw-rw-r--  1 airween airween 37190 may   28 20:52 HA2OS.cbr
-rw-rw-r--  1 airween airween  4028 may   26 03:37 logcfg.dat
-rw-rw-r--  1 airween airween   523 may   28 20:52 .paras
drwxrwxr-x  2 airween airween  4096 may   26 03:36 rules
-rw-rw-r--  1 airween airween    26 may   28 20:52 tlfmarkers
-rw-rw-r--  1 airween airween 40480 may   27 22:50 wpx.log

Hope this helps.

If you have any other question, just let me know.

73, Ervin
HA2OS