tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] first time user F1-F3 questions

From: Eric Tamme
Subject: [Tlf-devel] first time user F1-F3 questions
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 10:23:46 -0400 (EDT)

Hi All,

Im a first time TLF user, looking for a console based logger for contesting on a linux machine.

I've got things set up, but it seems that my function keys F1, F2, and F3 do not ... do what they should be doing.

My Top bar has "1=CQ 2=DE 3=RST 4=73 ... " but the only Function keys that appear to map correctly are  F6-F9, which send my call, the dupe message, AGN, and ?  respectively.

When I try to use F1 through F5, i get all kinds of various behaviors.  F1 enters "P" into the DX callsign entry form, F2 enters "Q", F3 changes my bottom bar to say "UA European Russia EU 16 ..... ", F4 enters "S" into the callsign box, and F5 seems to send nothing .. it simply puts a empty line in the top left log box.

If I could get some guidance on how to get my Function keys working properly, I think I could get TLF working well for my uses.

Thanks in advance,

Eric / KK0ECT