tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] v1.4 topics

From: Nate Bargmann
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] v1.4 topics
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2018 23:21:57 -0500

* On 2018 02 Nov 12:30 -0500, Thomas Beierlein wrote:
> P.S.: The 'todo' list now:
>
> * allow vertical resizing of tlf (more room for cluster messages)

May as well allow horizontal resizing.  It would require calculating the
anchor of some screen blocks like the score window from the right
margin, I think.

The more the UI can be separated from the other code, the better,
methinks.

> * drop 'scan' menu with noise bridge, panorama scan and smeter
>   display (It did not work for a long time and I think no one is
>   using it)

If no complaints, I agree.

> * Handling multiplier aliases (see thread started by Nate in June)

Thanks.

> * automatically switch back to 'Run' mode from "grab spot" after QSO
> * switch to hamlib's freq_t for frequencies ( and maybe factor out
>   hamlib stuff to a separate module )

Sounds good.

One few for the pile:  Accept master.scp, mastersx.scp, masusve.scp,
and masterss.scp as well as callmaster (case ignored) for the Super
Check Partial files.  Perhaps read them in the order listed and use the
first one found?  For now I download the one I want and symlink
callmaster to it, which works just as well!

I had to correct some things in the arrlss rules file (the check and
section are transposed in the macros) and will submit a patch later.  If
I get some time this weekend, this will be my first attempt at ARRL SS
with Tlf (it's been a lot of years since I tried SS).

Consider requiring a key press on the first screens when Tlf is started
without a log file.  They often close too quickly to read all the
details.  Subsequent runs can be as it is now.  An alternative might be
to have an option keyword (yet another!) in logcfg.dat specifying a
timeout in seconds for each screen where 0 would require a key press and
negative would disable them.

Thoughts?

73, Nate

Web: http://www.n0nb.us  GPG key: D55A8819  GitHub: N0NB