tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] CW logger question

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] CW logger question
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2018 06:56:53 +0100

Hi Andy,

sorry for the late reply. QRL kept me busy.

Am Wed, 28 Nov 2018 20:10:39 +0100
schrieb Andy <address@hidden>:

> Hi all,
> I tested TLF 1.3.2  in some contests before cq ww cw with K2 and
> Winkeyer (via winkeyer server).
> Now I have one question:
> For example, my station is in log mode and calling cq, 9y4/ve3xxx
> respond, I receive&writes letters and hit enter when in call window
> is written only 9y4/ve so TLF jump to exchange window and use only
> 9y4/ve as a callsign...
> Can I somehow change this sequence ? I looking for following
> sequence, with enter start send CW until logger not send everything
> from call window, so operator can write last few letters of callsign
> also during keying. Send to keyer letter by letter (slowly), so when
> all letters from call window were send to keyer than jump to exchange
> window…

TLF can do that (nearly). You have to activate the auto-start function
 by typing the command ':char' in the input field. Then you can choose
the number of characters after which TLF automatically starts sending
'2'..'5' or use an 'm' for manual start by pressing ENTER.

But be aware that TLF will not slow down after the first letters and
wait for your last input. Instead if it catches up with your typing and
has all characters sent it will append your exchange and jump to the
exchange field.

For details see the man page - look for the :CHA command.

73, de Tom DL1JBE