tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] TLF - a short status and a request for feedback

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: [Tlf-devel] TLF - a short status and a request for feedback
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2019 09:39:41 +0100

Hi all,

let me wish you a happy and successful new year 2019. Have a lot of fun
with all you do.

In last days I found time for some work on Tlf which could need some feedback
and testing from your side.

- As the code for the searchlog() function (which controls the searchwindow)
  has grown into a mess in last years I did a severe refactoring. To preserve
  the original behaviour I added some tests but that could not cover the whole
  transformation process. So it may be that we have some bugs in it.
  Please have a look at that window during your use of Tlf and give a feedback
  if something weird is going on.

- Further I prepared the drop of the :SCAN functionality which did not work
  for quite some years (mainly due to the fact that OSS is no longer a
  supported sound system). These function was intended to do an automatic band
  scan for activity and SWR measurements.
  You can check the changes at https://github.com/dl1jbe/tlf/tree/drop_scan.
  I plan to merge the branch into Tlf the next weekend if no one complains.

- The ToDo list for the next planned changes (as discussed in autumn here on
the
  list) got added to the repo. We can (and should) add further points to the
list.

73, de Tom DL1JBE

--
"Do what is needful!"