tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF run mode problem

From: Ervin Hegedüs
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF run mode problem
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2019 21:08:19 +0200

Hi Drew,

On Thu, Aug 01, 2019 at 02:42:23PM +0000, Drew Arnett wrote:
> Thanks for digging in, Ervin.
>
> I will look at that pull request.  Another difference in my case is
> that I'm using my pywinkeyerdaemon with a K1EL (www.hamcrafters.com)
> 'WinKeyer USB'.  https://github.com/drewarnett/pywinkeyerdaemon  (One
> diff though, as I need to update it for the later python-serial lib;
> timeout is now set by attribute, not method.  I also need to publish a
> python3 version!)

I don't think that this could be the problem.

> Interrupting auto_cq to respond would involve
> sending a message to NETKEYER/cwdaemon.

but this is an important thing - I just started to review your
first e-mail, and try to eplore the relevant parts of the code.

You wrote in your first mail:

"Start auto CQ which works fine.  As soon as I start typing in a
callsign, the auto CQ stops and the "AUTO_CQ" marker in the upper
left corner changes to "S&P".  (Is this a clue?)  I type in his
callsign and hit enter in the callsign box.  TLF sends mycall."

So, I interpret that when you typed the other station CALL, then
Tlf switched to another mode (CQ -> S_P), and _this_ is why after
the ENTER it sent _your_ call, not the other station call. I mean
the reason can't be the NETKEYER, it occures by the type,
_before_ the netkeyer code starts to send the message.

I found this part, which would be relevant:

https://github.com/Tlf/tlf/blob/tlf-1.3.2/src/callinput.c#L263

(note, that this is not the current master state, it's the 1.3.2,
this file had modified meanwhile; but the 1.3.2 is what in
Debian)

Based on the code, I just can think about your keyboard layout,
or some terminal settings - eg. you're using some strange TERM
environment, which grab the '+' in every key pressing...

So now I'ld try to check the terminal settings, eg:

export TERM=linux

or

export TERM=xterm

and start Tlf, check the issue.

Hope that we can solve your issue soon :).

Another note to Thomas/Zoli HA5CQZ: do you know about this line?

https://github.com/Tlf/tlf/blob/tlf-1.3.2/src/callinput.c#L648

  if (atoi(hiscall) < 1800) {

this will always 0, and less than 1800 - or em I wrong? :)

73, Ervin
HA2OS