tlf-devel

Re: Qso counter bug?

From: Csahok Zoltan
Subject: Re: Qso counter bug?
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2019 19:03:14 +0100

Hi Tom,

Made a quick test with the slowest machine that I use, a Pentium M 1.7GHz.
Execution of readcalls() took about 150 ms per 1k QSOs (data are below).
The code scales mostly linearly except dupe checking that is using
a slow linear search. Latter makes it O(N^2) but its contribution
is quite small: for 5k removing dupe checking reduced execution time to ~600 ms
only.
Probably not worth changing it to a hash lookup at the moment.
Most of the time (~2/3) is spent figuring out DXCC info in getctydata().

Considering that typical Q counts are around or less than 1k we can conclude
that re-reading takes ~100 ms or less. Such a delay is completely bearable
for a deletion or other operations (e.g. log editing).

One thing I noticed is that upper bounds of various arrays are not checked,
the program crashes simply with segfault. It's prio3 but should be addressed
later.

73,
Zoli

#
# Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.70GHz
#
# Q  ms
5000 740
4000 580