tlf-devel

Rethinking the need for CT compatible mode

From: Nate Bargmann
Subject: Rethinking the need for CT compatible mode
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2020 20:27:55 -0600

I recently did a bit of fixup to the CT compatible mode but I find that
its original choice of keystrokes to not be optimal.  As I added support
for some keys used in N1MM+ when ESM is disabled, the code became even
more convoluted and opaque.

I realized that CT compatible mode had been broken for so long that
there really must not be anyone using it, so why keep it?

Removing it would simplify the code in several places.

In its place I would consider adding support for the apostrophe " ' " to
send the CQ_TU_MSG or S&P_TU_MSG.

I would consider providing a :CFG keyword or keystroke combination to
toggle Enter from ESM to a mode where with the call field empty Enter
sends MYCALL and otherwise would only log a QSO when both the call and
exchange fields are populated depending on validation.

Thoughts?

73, Nate

Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB