tlf-devel

Re: Problems with CQ-M contest

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: Problems with CQ-M contest
Date: Fri, 8 May 2020 09:56:55 +0200

Hi,

you are right. After CQM changed their scoring rules we got a problem.
Thanks for pointing it out.

I did a quick check of the code. As it looks the CONTINENTLIST features
is not well thoughed out. It is used to control acceptance of countries
as multi and also to control the given points (but only if
USE_CONTINENTLIST_ONLY is set). There seems to be still some more
problems.

If USE_CONTINENTLIST_ONLY is set you have to give points to your own
continent with MY_CONTINENT_POINTS even if it is in the list (that
fixes the -1 for european stations).
But the downside is that other continents not in list will not scored
at all, neither for multi nor for points.

That means in current version there is no workable configuration for the
problem.

As for the coming contest:

- you can just set TWO_POINTS in the rules and accept that stations
  from continents beside EU and AS are counted wrong

- I will try to prepare a quickfix, but am not sure if I can make it in
  time.

73, de Tom DL1JBE

--
"Do what is needful!"