tlf-devel

Tips for working with Hamlib 4.0~git

From: Nate Bargmann
Subject: Tips for working with Hamlib 4.0~git
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 10:52:00 -0500

For those wanting to experiment with building Tlf against Hamlib 4.0~git
(the present development master branch) that is installed in
$HOME/local, try the following commands.

To find the correct hamlib.pc file:

PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:/$HOME/local/lib/pkgconfig ../tlf/configure
--prefix=$HOME/local

To verify Tlf is correctly linked to hamlib 4.0~git:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$HOME/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH ldd $(which tlf) | grep
libhamlib

Outputs:

        libhamlib.so.4 => /home/nate/local/lib/libhamlib.so.4
(0x00007f9ba432d000)

Your hex address will likely differ.

Likewise to start Tlf using the local hamlib:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$HOME/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH tlf

NOTE!  A recent change to Hamlib expanded the radio model numbers.  For
example, the Elecraft K3 is now model 2029.  Use the 'rigctl -l' command
to see the complete list.

With many new models and various changes, we'd like to get feedback on
Hamlib 4.0~git with Tlf.

Daily master branch source tarballs of Hamlib are available at:

http://n0nb.users.sourceforge.net/

73, Nate

Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB